I’m an Urban Sketcher…
- Two days sunshine, heatwave!A couple of wisterias; Chinese on the left, Japanese on the right? Spot the foolish mosquito that interrupted my sketching... #mostlydrawing #bathurbansketchers #botanicalillustration #urbansketcher #urbansketchersSame tree (magnolia ‘umbrella tree’ in Bath Botanical Garden) but different media: ink on left, carbon pencil on right. #mostlydrawing #urbansketching #bathurbansketchers #botanicalillustrationStarted this on one dog walk, returned another day to finish it! Bosky tree in Vicky Park.100+ people sketched this week, mostly in Bath, mostly fude pen dipped in grey/black ink, all funThe first eleven for this year’s challenge to sketch 100 people in one week. #oneweek100people2020 #usk #bathurbansketchers #mostlydrawing
- 408,055 hits
- bamboo dip pen
- bamboo dip pen sketches
- Bath Abbey
- brush-pen sketching
- brush pen
- cafe sketching
- coloured paper
- daily drawing
- De Atramentis inks
- dip pen
- every day matters
- fountain pen
- fountain pen sketch
- fountain pen sketches
- fountain pen sketching
- ink brush sketches
- ink brush sketching
- Kuretake #8
- Lexington grey
- Lexington grey ink
- Manchester Symposium
- marker pen
- noodlers inks
- sketching in Bath
- sketching people
- Talking Heads
- The Clash
- The Kinks
- urban sketching
- urban sketching kit
- urban sketching technique
- white gelly roll pen
- Antonia Santolaya/Enrique Flores A chance to browse through 26 travel sketchbooks. Lots of fresh watercolour, ink and pencil location pictures.
- Buttnekkiddoodles Don Colley’s blog, sharing fabulous brush-pen drawings of people and much else. He’s a big fan of Pitt Artist brush pens.
- Danny Gregory His book ‘The Creative License’ got me sketching, and his other books have helped to keep me going. He has a wonderfully loose style, using dip-pens, saturated colour inks etc.
- Handprint Exceptionally comprehensive information on watercolour paints and equipment. Exhaustive details on pigments, translucency, comparing brands etc. Essential viewing for the true obsessive.
- James Gurney A mine of information on ‘plein air’ painting and sketching from the author of ‘Dinotopia’. Daily posts, always interesting.
- Nina Johansson Stockholm based urban sketching, with lovely clarity and glowing colours. Lots of useful information on sketching kit that helped to get me started.
- Russel Stutler Lots of very useful information on brush pens, palettes, sketching techniques. Based in Japan.
- Steven Reddy Great use of pen drawing and grey ink washes, sometimes combined with clear colour on top.
- The Sketching Forum Informal sharing of ideas, techniques, pictures and general chat about sketching. Set up by Russ Stutler.
- Urban Sketchers A constant parade of individual responses to the challenge of urban sketching. Always good for some inspiration, a new approach to try…
Tag Archives: Bath sketches
A quick post after many months of absence, apologies. The sketching has carried on in the meantime (I passed my ten year anniversary of daily drawing in March!), but the website had gone into hibernation. Here are some recent Bath … Continue reading
Posted in Bath, cafe, park, urban, urban sketching Tagged Bath sketches, daily drawing, drawing from life, urban sketching, Yardbirds 8 Comments
Sketches from the last couple of days when the snow was fresh and powdery, perfect for sledging on the nearby golf course. The roads and schools and shops were shut and an unofficial hillside frost-fair appeared! I did these in … Continue reading
Fourty-eight fast faces
First twenty-nine drivers, sketched from the passenger seat while overtaking on the motorway. Their faces were only glimpsed in passing, so I had to quickly memorise the key lines, but they were always in full profile which helped simplify things! … Continue reading
Posted in Bath, brush pen, cars, collections, faces, ink brush, journeys, Lexington grey, people, street scene, urban, urban sketching, vehicles Tagged Bath sketches, brush-pen sketching, collections of faces, fast sketches of faces, ink brush sketching, Kuretake #40 brush pen, Motörhead, sketches from a car, sketching faces with brush-pen, urban sketching 2 Comments
Compare and contrast time again with three sketches looking down the same street towards the Royal Crescent, while sat under one of the five huge trees in The Circus. The first was done with ink-brush a few days ago (colour wash added … Continue reading
Enough of cars, here are some scooters, motorbikes and bikes seen around Bath. The curvy scooters are a real joy to sketch, toy-like with tiny tyres and complicated engine parts discretely covered (but the tilted oblique wheels are tricky…). The floating blue bike on the … Continue reading