I’m an Urban Sketcher…
- Two days sunshine, heatwave!A couple of wisterias; Chinese on the left, Japanese on the right? Spot the foolish mosquito that interrupted my sketching... #mostlydrawing #bathurbansketchers #botanicalillustration #urbansketcher #urbansketchersSame tree (magnolia ‘umbrella tree’ in Bath Botanical Garden) but different media: ink on left, carbon pencil on right. #mostlydrawing #urbansketching #bathurbansketchers #botanicalillustrationStarted this on one dog walk, returned another day to finish it! Bosky tree in Vicky Park.100+ people sketched this week, mostly in Bath, mostly fude pen dipped in grey/black ink, all funThe first eleven for this year’s challenge to sketch 100 people in one week. #oneweek100people2020 #usk #bathurbansketchers #mostlydrawing
- 407,791 hits
- bamboo dip pen
- bamboo dip pen sketches
- Bath Abbey
- brush-pen sketching
- brush pen
- cafe sketching
- coloured paper
- daily drawing
- De Atramentis inks
- dip pen
- every day matters
- fountain pen
- fountain pen sketch
- fountain pen sketches
- fountain pen sketching
- ink brush sketches
- ink brush sketching
- Kuretake #8
- Lexington grey
- Lexington grey ink
- Manchester Symposium
- marker pen
- noodlers inks
- sketching in Bath
- sketching people
- Talking Heads
- The Clash
- The Kinks
- urban sketching
- urban sketching kit
- urban sketching technique
- white gelly roll pen
- Antonia Santolaya/Enrique Flores A chance to browse through 26 travel sketchbooks. Lots of fresh watercolour, ink and pencil location pictures.
- Buttnekkiddoodles Don Colley’s blog, sharing fabulous brush-pen drawings of people and much else. He’s a big fan of Pitt Artist brush pens.
- Danny Gregory His book ‘The Creative License’ got me sketching, and his other books have helped to keep me going. He has a wonderfully loose style, using dip-pens, saturated colour inks etc.
- Handprint Exceptionally comprehensive information on watercolour paints and equipment. Exhaustive details on pigments, translucency, comparing brands etc. Essential viewing for the true obsessive.
- James Gurney A mine of information on ‘plein air’ painting and sketching from the author of ‘Dinotopia’. Daily posts, always interesting.
- Nina Johansson Stockholm based urban sketching, with lovely clarity and glowing colours. Lots of useful information on sketching kit that helped to get me started.
- Russel Stutler Lots of very useful information on brush pens, palettes, sketching techniques. Based in Japan.
- Steven Reddy Great use of pen drawing and grey ink washes, sometimes combined with clear colour on top.
- The Sketching Forum Informal sharing of ideas, techniques, pictures and general chat about sketching. Set up by Russ Stutler.
- Urban Sketchers A constant parade of individual responses to the challenge of urban sketching. Always good for some inspiration, a new approach to try…
Tag Archives: sketching selfies
You be illin’
Sketching daily selfies can capture all sorts of things… Here’s six days when I went from the depths of a cough/cold to relative wellness, moving from grey fountain-pen to black/brown marker-pen, gaining colour while apparently shedding a few years in the … Continue reading
There’s a likeness in there somewhere! Short winter days so less outdoor sketching. I keep the daily drawing habit going through late evening mirror selfies, all in bamboo dip-pen with De Atramentis ink.
Posted in bamboo dip pen, coloured ink, daily drawing, faces, line drawing, monochrome, self-portrait Tagged bamboo dip pen, daily drawing, De Atramentis inks, Love, sketching selfies 2 Comments
The latest crop of selfies, including some in coloured ink and bamboo dip pen, along with blind drawing mirror fun (that’s the fourth one!). There’s the usual range of self-portrait expressions from sullen to severe via surly, and a higher frequency … Continue reading
I blame Sherry, who suggested I try smiling in some of my selfies… All the usual materials (Inktense pencils or brush-pen), all fairly fast, all late at night, and all A5
More brown ink brush-pen selfies. My face has gone through a catastrophic Christmas slump by the last sketch! Kuretake #8 and #40 filled with the usual 3 inks, Lexington grey water-brush, watercolour, A5 – 20/30 mins each
Another batch of late night selfies, including some deliberate attempts to avoid the usual self-portrait surly stare; I’m not sure that they’re any less alarming! All but one were done with my new favourite sketching tool, Kuretake brush-pens, either number 8 (plastic … Continue reading
Marker pen sketches
A couple of late night selfies (smile!), washing up on the drying rack, sketches from a walk in the Mendips, and hands. All using my new favourite marker pen; it’s very different from using the 6B pencil, you can get some line variation in … Continue reading